I can also call it “mummy’s recipe” for good health here in Nigeria. This is because it one of the most common drug and highly recommended for the “wise”.
Mummy at this point, draws her inspiration/motivation to further push it at every one because it cured her sister’s migraine so to speak.
For all the ‘’Over sabi’s’’ and ‘’Self doctors’’ here is the real use of paracetamol.
What is Paracetamol
Paracetamol also known as acetaminophen. It’s simply a pain relieve drug that is meant to solve many health issues but limited to those prescribed by the doctor.
It is used for that stubborn migraine or for mild headache, toothaches, osteoarthritis, fever, post-operative pain, and dental use.
To avoid wrong medications or overdose, one is advised to take medications according to the instruction in the pack or physicians prescription.
Failure to do so could lead to even more damaging health issues.
The effects of paracetamol cannot be overemphasized. It is not the “Final say” to fever but only suppresses. So when you use it instead going to the doctor (probably for fear of needles) you’ll be doing yourself more harm than good. Let me list some of the side effects;
- Allergic reactions: itching, swelling in the face, throat, and tongue, serious dizziness and difficult breathing.
- Overdose: Taking drugs beyond the recommendation is dangerous to ones health; no matter the reasons always follow instruction. If not attended to could lead to liver damage.
If you notice anything while on the drug, do not form “Odenchy” and play tennis with your health, quickly run to your doctor.
- Pay attention to your body’s reaction to the drug and detect allergies.
- Know and report to your doctor your medical history.
- Always follow recommendation. Stop self medication
- Avoid drug abuse