It is one of the best gases on planet earth because of its importance to our survival.
Its crucial to earths atmosphere and hydrosphere.
It is used for medical purposes and beneficial to plants, animals and metals.
- Animals and plants needs oxygen for respiration. although excess use of the gas can be toxic. it is still essential for life.
- It is odorless, colorless, and tasteless.
- Oxygen was the atomic weight standard for the other elements until 1961, when it was replaced by carbon 12.
- Atomic number is 8
- Atomic symbol is O
- The percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere is 21%
- Solid and liquid oxygen is pale blue.
- An oxidizer.