Beauty does not lie solely on facial definitions but also on our hair.
This is an expose on your hair you didn’t know
1. The average human has 1000-150,000 strands of hair.
2. Black is the most common hair color. On the contrary, red is rare with a total of 1%of the entire world population.
On the other hand, blonde hair is second to red with 2% of population.
3. In the 1950’s, coloring of hair was not common (7%) unlike now with 75% difference.
4. A strand of hair is stronger than a copper wire with the same diameter.
5. Your hair grows 3-5 mm per day, 1.25 cm per month, and 1.5% cm a year.
6. Cutting of hair prevents split end
7. Hair is the fastest growing tissue of the human body
8. It contains 50% carbon, 21% oxygen, 17%nitrogen, 6% hydrogen,5% sulphur
9. The scientific name for grey hair is canities and split end is trichoptilosis.
10. It is made mostly by the protein called keratin
11. The main types of hair the body produces are vellus hair, terminal hair (androgenic).
12. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair in the body.
13. The air grows faster in warm weather.