It occurs immediately after some respiratory infection like measles, whooping cough, flu, bronchitis, asthma.
Its an acute infection of the lungs.
2. Old persons
3. HIV/AIDs patients.
Signs of pneumonia
1. Sores on the face and lips
2. Cold and high fever
3. Severe cough
4. Feeling weak and ill
5. Acute chest pain
6. Fast shallow breathing with little grunts or wheezing sometimes.
Note: When a sick child has more than 60 shallow breathe in a minute, he has pneumonia probably.
1. Treat with anti-biotic like penicillin, procaine penicillin, for children ampicillin.
2. Go for re-hydrated drinks (take lots of water)
3. When wheezing, anti-asthma medicine with ephedrine may help.
4. To decrease the temperature and reduce the pain, take aspirin or paracetamol.
5. To relieve the cough and mucous, take more water and bathe with hot water. Also breath in the vapors.
For this prescription, make sure you are ill with pneumonia before you take them to avoid using the wrong drug for the wrong situations. If there are doctors around, see one.