Home Politics "My Credentials Still With Military"- Buhari

“My Credentials Still With Military”- Buhari

  • INEC Releases 75 Presidential Candidate names
  • Buhari could not present any credential

Following a report, it has been noted that the office of the Independent National Electoral Commission, have posted over 74 names on Thursday.

Among the list are: President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress,  former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, Obadiah Mailafia of the African Democratic Congress,  and  former Governor Donald Duke of the Social Democratic Party.

A report from the INEC stated that they is a probability of an increase in the number to be published on Friday.

Earlier on Thursday, the various candidates made available their credentials to the journalists with the exception of the President who again failed to attach his credentials claiming its with the military.

 “I am the above named person and the deponent of this affidavit herein. All my academic qualification documents as filled in my Presidential form, APC/001/2015 are currently with the Secretary of the Military Board as of the time of this affidavit.” Buhari stated while swearing his affidavit.

Former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar who also dropped his tax returns from 2015 to 2017 indicating he had paid N10.8m, submitted all necessary documents including a Diploma in Law at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

PDP 2019 Presidential Campaign Council

The council is to complement the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation presided by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

They is a firm sign that the Peoples Democratic Party is working putting National Chairman, Uche Secondus as Campaign Chairman.

Some of the positions, which are considered sensitive, had yet to be filled before Atiku travelled out of Nigeria.

Regarding the travel of Atiku, the party was said to have secured his approval before releasing some names.

Names released are Saraki, the Governor of Sokoto State,  Aminu Waziri Tambuwal as zonal coordinator for North-West;  Governor of Gombe State, Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo , zonal coordinator, North-East; Governor of Benue State, Dr Samuel Ortom, zonal coordinator, North-Central; Governor of Rivers State, Mr Nyesom Wike as zonal coordinator, South-South while a former Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose,  was named as the zonal coordinator for the South-West.

Others whose names listed included the Governor of Ebonyi State,  Dave Umahi, zonal coordinator, South-East; a former Minister of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Relations, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki (SAN), as the Chairman, Legal Matters,  and Governor of Akwa Ibom State,  Emmanuel Udom,  as the Chairman, Fund Raising Committee.

Report stated that some names were being brandished as new appointees into the campaign council. These offices includes; spokesperson for the campaign, directors of contact and mobilization, finance, strategy and others.

However, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, said that the party had yet to name other members of the Presidential Campaign Council.

He described the list as phony, and asked the members of the party to ignore it.

“The attention of the PDP was drawn to a phoney post circulating in the social media and purporting that the PDP has released further names to make up its 2019 Presidential Campaign Council, he said.

“The fabricators of the post even went further to allocate offices to certain individuals, claiming the same to be officially assigned by the leadership of our great party.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the PDP has not released any further names other than those earlier released as members of the Presidential Campaign Council.

“Currently, the only names and offices assigned and released by the party are those of the Director-General and Zonal Coordinators of the 2019 Presidential campaign.”

He cautioned that any other names being bandied around and purported to have emanated from the party should be discountenanced accordingly.

“The party, therefore, urges all members to remain calm and await further announcement by the National Working Committee on the composition of the Campaign Council in due course,” he added.

Report stated that, the party and Atiku were trying to avoid the mistake made by the campaign organisation of former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015, which insulated the party in his campaigns.

“Atiku is a core party man. He knows the implications of running an individual campaign.”

“Being a team player, he wants to carry the party along in whatever he does.  In fact, the party will drive the campaign. Because of this, all the members of the National Working Committee of the party led by Secondus will play major roles in the campaign.”

 

Avatar
Efe Michael Odemwingiehttps://360aproko.com/
Still on the matter, i remain EFE MICHAEL ODEMWINGIE but most preferably called MICBOY. Am simple going and private minded. a lover of good music, an exquisite dancer and a comedian. Let me just dash out with a word of wisdom: Never ever underestimate your potentials because you haven't tried it all. Always remember "A lion never quite".

Must Read

6 Things To Remember When It Feels Like Everyone Else Is Getting Married

I know a thing or two about “single anxiety.” There’s a massive amount of pressure resting on your bony prepubescent shoulders to get hitched and...

8 Ways To Enjoy Your New Relationship Instead Of Worrying That You’ll Ruin It

A new relationship can be as exhilarating as it is terrifying. You finally found that guy you click with, someone you really enjoy spending...

WORKING ON YOUR FEELINGS

Acts 24:24-25 One great mistake some people make is to trust their feelings. I am sure you have heard people making statements like; "I trust...

Aisha Buhari warns Police IG against intimidating Timi Dakolo and his wife

First lady, Aisha Buhari has warned the Inspector General of Police against intimidating Busola Dakolo and her husband, Timi over the rape allegation against...

Terror Scare: British Airways cancels all flights to Cairo for a week as a security “precaution”

British Airways has cancelled all flights to the Egyptian capital Cairo for a week as a security "precaution".     Passengers who were about to board...