Substance abuse is the illegal consumption of drugs.
It’s also the use of alcohol, prescription medicine, and other legal substances excessively or in the wrong proportion.
It is different from addiction. There’s a possibility of quitting or transforming from unhealthy to healthy living. It is also a disease.
This means that one can’t stop the use even when it hurts.
Drugs usually abused
1. Marijuana: it is known in the street as Blunt, Bud, Dope, Ganja, Grass, Green, Herb, Joint, Mary Jane, Pot, Reefer, Sinsemilla, Skunk, Smoke, Trees, Weed; Hashish: Boom, Gangster, Hash, Hemp. Market name is Various brand names in states where the sale of marijuana is legal.
It is comes in form of Greenish-gray mixture of dried, shredded leaves, stems, seeds, and/or flowers; resin (hashish) or sticky, black liquid (hash oil). It is Smoked, eaten (mixed in food or brewed as tea).
2. Cocaine: it’s local name Blow, Bump, C, Candy, Charlie, Coke, Crack, Flake, Rock, Snow, Toot. Cocaine hydro chloride topical solution (anesthetic rarely used in medical procedures). It’s commercial names are Cocaine, hydro chloride, topical solution (anesthetic rarely used in medical procedures). it is Snorted, smoked, injected.
3. Tobaccio: it comes in Cigarettes, cigars, bidis, hookahs, smokeless tobacco (snuff, spit tobacco, chew). It is usually Smoked, snorted, chewed, vaporized.
4. PCP: The street names are Angel Dust, Boat, Hog, Love Boat, Peace Pill. It comes in White or colored powder, tablet, or capsule; clear liquid. Its usually injected, snorted, swallowed, smoked (powder added to mint, parsley, oregano, or marijuana).
6. Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medicine
- Interference and alterations in the users mood.
- unstable behavior
- mental cloudiness
- excess sleep
How to stop substance abuse
1. Try to deal with peer pressure.
2. Manage life pressure.
3. Get help for mental illness.
4. Know the risk factors in engaging in substance abuse
5. Live a healthy and a well-balanced life.