1. It was first since the 19th century, in Ganges Delta, India
2. It takes up to five days for an infected for symptoms to show in an infected person, contradicting World Health Organisation (WHO), which says cholera can be fatal within a few hours of infection.
3. Its symptoms are Rapid heart rate, Loss of skin elasticity, low blood pressure, Muscle cramps and thirst
4. Warm and salty coastal waters breeds cholera
5. It is transmitted via contaminated water
6. Cholera can be treated with normal salt and ORS
7. Contaminated Fruits and vegetables can also spread cholera
8. Good sanitation habit can prevent cholera
1. Make sure the water you drink is clean
2. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water. Possibly sanitizers.
3. Do not excrete on any body of water.
4. Your food should be well cooked, covered and eaten hot.