Home Sport Antonio Conte plan to take over at Real Madrid

Antonio Conte plan to take over at Real Madrid

Antonio Conte has ruled himself out of the running to take over at Real Madrid because he feels the project is not right for him, Sky Sports News understands.

The Italian was linked with the role after the sacking of Julen Lopetegui following real’s 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Barcelona at the weekend.

 

Conte left Chelsea in July and has now decided to extend his break from football until the summer.

However, he could be tempted into management mid-season, but only if the project was right.

As Sky Sports News reported last week, Conte’s contractual obligations with Chelsea only apply to managing a club in England this season and therefore he is free to join a club abroad.

Santiago Solari has been placed in temporary charge of Real and will be in the dugout when they travel to face third-tier Melilla in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday evening.

Spanish league rules mean the 42-year-old Solari can only manage on an interim basis for two weeks, at which point Real must appoint a permanent successor to Lopetegui.

 

Avatar
360APROKO
Champion of Online News

Must Read

“I stand with you babana and we will always stand for truth” – Senator Elisha Abbo’s wife reacts, says her husband is innocent

Emily Eric, wife of Nigeria’s youngest senator, Elisha Abbo, who was caught on camera assaulting a woman at a sex toy shop in Abuja,...

Bayero University Law undergraduate says she stabbed her hubby in self defense

Hanan, the Law undergraduate of the Bayero University Kano, who has been accused of stabbing her husband, Saeed Hussein, at their home in Kano...

Lady weeps after she was thrown out of a moving car by kidnappers in Rivers state

A Lady escaped being abducted in Port Harcourt, Rivers state today June 22nd.   Broadcaster Chioma Ezenwafor who shared the story online, stated that there was...

Intersex athlete, Caster Semenya accuses IAAF of using her as ‘human guinea pig’ amid hormone testing controversy

South African Olympic champion and intersex athlete, Caster Semenya has accused world athletics' governing body the IAAF of using her as 'a human guinea...

President Buhari commends Nigerians for living peacefully abroad

President Buhari today in Abuja commended Nigerians residing in foreign countries for living peacefully with their host communities.   Giving the commendation when a delegation of...