Banga soup is gotten from palm nut oil or palm oil, palm kernel or other oil from palm nut.
Well, we just enjoy this food without knowing its nutritional value to our health. This palm oil is used for different food products.
Do you know?
It’s rich in;
1. Antioxidants properties
2. Abundant of beta –carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body.
3. Saturated fat
4. Lots of vitamins
What’s does these nutrients do in our body;
• They fight against free radicals that enter our body which speeds up skin aging sand other heart disease.
• They promotes the healthy function of the heart and vessels.
• Rich In vitamin K that helps to prevent haemorrhage.
• Great with other minerals like magnesium, vitamin A and E.
• Free from cholesterol
• Fight against cancer
• Keeps your skin glowing.
Note: If you are on treatment for high blood pressure or other blood or heart disease, don’t just take it. Consult your doctor and dietician. The vitamin E inside can affect your medications, increase bleeding and cholesterol in the body.
Africa loves this food a lot especially the Deltans ( Urhobo and Itsekiris) who call it amedi and obey-ekpo respectively while the yorubas call it obe –eyin and in Cameroon its called mbanga soup.
Enjoy this meal……smiling.