Stroke is the process of obstruction or interruption of the supply of blood in the brain. It attacks the brain which hinders every other functions of the body this is an urgent attention of a medical personnel.
When this occurs and the brain lacks oxygen and nutrients, the brain cells starts to die.
Types of Stroke
We have three major ones
• Haemorrhagic stroke – it’s the process whereby a weakened blood vessel ruptures. It is caused by areriovenous malformations (AVMS) this damages the cells.
• Ischemic Stroke – blood and oxygen doesn’t go to the brain which is hindered by the blood clots.
• Transient Ischemic Attack – this attack is a result of lack of blood flow to the brain for a short time. It serves as a warning alarm to the person.
These are the following symptoms
2. Vision problem (in one or both eyes)
3. Coordination inability
5. Inability to move part of the face, arm or leg even body
7. Inability to control the bladder
9. Inability to express oneself emotionally
• Aged People (55 – above)
• Family traits/history
• Drug addiction
• Smoking or drinking of alcohol
Acronym F.A.S.T for stroke signs to be remembered.
F- Face drooping
A – Arm Weakness
S – Speech Difficulty
T – Time to Call for Medical Emergency
You should prevent than to cure it, the following are the best ways to go about it.
1. Have healthy and adequate diets
2. Balance And control your weight.
3. Regular exercise
4. Avoid alcohol
5. Abstain from Tabaco
6. Monitor your blood pressure
7. Checkmate your blood sugar level
8. Abstain from hard drugs
If you have an ischemic stroke, your doctor may recommend
• Anti-platelet drugs
• Anti-coagulants drug.
They will help the patients greatly
• Take more fruits and veggies, avoid red meats and take fresh fish which help to remove bad cholesterol and promote your health.