Adolescence is the period in which children grows or develops into adulthood.
Usually between the ages of 13-18. This is the stage where the child develops all the secondary human characteristics.
At this stage;
1. There is rapid growth
2. The child becomes conscious of his/her body and appearance.
3. They tend to become attractive to the opposite sex.
4. The child becomes easily emotional.
5. Peer group influence comes and if not properly controlled can be disastrous.
6. They hold dear their privacy
7. They prefer to independent from family and more with their friends
8. They consider their parents archaic.
This is normal for an adolescent child to behave, but still keep a close watch on them.
An adolescent child may notice these puberty changes in his or her body
1. Development of breasts
2. Hair begins to grow in her underarm and pubic hair.
3. Widening of hips
4. Increase in height and size
5. Lightening of voice and in some boys, their voice deepens
6. Menstruation begins
8. Pimples on the face
1. Facial, chest underarm and pubic hair grow
2. Voice cracks and deepens
3. Wet dreams
4. Penis gets longer and fuller
5. Muscles develop
6. Height and weight increases
Advice For Parents
1. Make out time for a heart to heart discussion with your teens
2. Guard them , cause in this stage, they are confused on how to use their pad.
3. Listen more and talk less.
4. Do not tease them about their pubertal changes so they can feel comfortable to discuss with you.
5. Teach them personal hygiene
6. Respect their privacy