Investors in the nation’s market on Tuesday documented N38.14bn increase in their assets at the close of trading on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
At the close of trading, 14 gainers upgraded the market capitalisation from N11.700tn on Monday to N11.738tn on Tuesday, while 23 stocks deteriorated.
The NSE All-Share index increased by 0.33 percent to remain at 32,154.03 basis points from 32,048.18bps recorded on Monday.
A total of 220.710 million shares worth N2.531bn swapped hands in 3,287 deals.
Activity was mixed as volume traded fell by five per cent to 149.653 million units, while value traded valued 59.6 per cent to N2.793bn
The top five performers were
- Cement Company of Northern Nigeria Plc,
- Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc,
- Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc,
- United Bank for Africa Plc and
- Nestlé Nigeria Plc,
which recorded gains of 9.81 percent, 5.29 percent, 4.26 percent, four percent and 3.62 percent, respectively.
The worst performers were
- Fidson Healthcare Plc
- Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc,
- UACN Property Development Company Plc,
- Niger Insurance Plc and Livestock Feeds Plc,
Which reduced by 10 percent, 10 percent and 9.60 percent, 9.09 percent and 8.77 percent, respectively.