This fruit is locally called Iyeye, Ngulugwu and isada. They are usually found in tropical countries.
It is packed with lots of essential vitamins and nutrients which helps to fight against some free radicals that might be harmful to human health.
Some of the Benefits of Eating this Fruit is
1. The fibre in the Hog plum makes it a good source to aid digestion.
2. Improves in the haemoglobin production and myoglobin which transfer oxygen throughout the body systems.
3. Contains very high level of Vitamin C
4. Maintains healthy bone
5. It is very rich in anti-oxidants
6. Hog plum is good in promoting muscle strength
7. The leaves are used for Child birth aid, cough, sore throat, efu dudu, antiseptic soap, malaria and stomachic.