American giant review site Forbes has released their 21-man richest men in Africa complied list, for the year 2019.
This list was out late yesterday, 9th of January, 2019, the list has open that there were less and poorer billionaires on the African continent in 2019.
Aliko Dangote reserved his place as the richest man in Africa on the newly released Forbes’ list of African billionaires, He however lost almost $2bn compared to his last year’s worth. Dangote’s projected $10.3 billion net worth is almost $2 billion less than a year ago.
Mainwhile another Nigerian, Folorunsho Alakija was one of the billionaires, who suffered a drop in their networth between last year and this year, as she held No 19 on the 20-man list. Forbes report that, Alakija’s net worth fell due to a decline in the value of one of Nigeria’s most productive oil fields. It is claimed that the waning can be partly blamed on the fact that the oil field’s production had levelled off.
Anyway the assessment magazine reports that Alakija’s net worth dropped due to a decline in the value of one of Nigeria’s most prolific oil fields.
Also Mike Adenuga, the owner of Globacom, appeared Africa’s 5th richest man. Others are Nigeria’s cement mogul Abdulsamad Rabiu, who runs and owns the BUA Group, at number 16 on the list for the first time since 2015.
Below is the richest Africa’s Billionaires 2019:
- Aliko Dangote – $12.2 billion net worth
2. Nicky Oppenheimer – $7.7 billion net worth
3. Johann Rupert – $7.2 billion net worth
4. Nassef Sawiris – $6.8 billion net worth
5. Mike Adenuga – $5.3 billion net worth
6. Naguib Sawaris – $4 billion net worth
7. Issad Regrab – $4 billion net worth
8. Koos Becker – $2.8 billion net worth
9. Mohamed Mansour – $2.7 billion net worth
10. Patrice Motsepe – $2.4 billion net worth
11. Aziz Akhannouch – $2.2 billion net worth
12. Yasseen Mansour – $1.9 billion net worth
13. Strive Masiyiwa – $1.7 billion net worth
14. Othman Benjelloun – $1.6 billion net worth
15. Mohammed Dewji – $1.5 billion net worth
16. Youssef Mansour – $1.4 billion net worth
17. Stephen Saad – $1.2 billion net worth
18. Michiel Le Roux – $1.2 billion net worth
19. Onsi Sawiris – $1.2 billion net worth
20. Desmond Sacco – $1.1 billion net worth
21. Christoeffel Wiese – $1.1 billion net worth