TREVOR BAUERPAID LEAVE EXTENDEDAs Assault Probe Continues

12:46 PM PT — Bauer’s agents have just released a statement … saying the 2020 Cy Young winner is still refuting his accuser’s accusations “in the strongest possible terms.”
“Mr. Bauer vehemently denies her account of their two meetings,” Bauer’s agents said Thursday afternoon.
“Again, administrative leave is neither a disciplinary action nor does it in any way reflect a finding in the league’s investigation.”
Trevor Bauer will be away from MLB mounds for at least another week … the league just announced it extended the Dodgers star’s paid leave 7 more days.

The MLB Players Association signed off on the move Thursday … meaning Bauer is now out of Los Angeles’ rotation until at least July 16.

Bauer had initially been placed on paid leave last Friday … in wake of allegations that he had punched and choked a woman during two sexual encounters in April and May.

According to MLB insider Jeff Passan, if a police investigation and/or an MLB probe into the matter isn’t settled by next week … the Dodgers and the league could look into putting Bauer on paid leave indefinitely.

Bauer has been arguably the best starter on Los Angeles’ roster this season — he holds an 8-5 record with a 2.59 ERA — but he hasn’t pitched since June 28.

As we previously reported … a woman — who says she met Bauer on Instagram — claims Bauer choked her and hit her so many times during their two meetings earlier this year, she was left with scratches, bruises and lacerations.

The 30-year-old has emphatically denied the allegations … claiming it was all part of entirely consensual sex.

Originally Published — 12:35 PM PT

Leave a Reply