The Weeknd hoped to surprise fans with a really BIG screen showing of his new music video … but safety concerns for viewers with epilepsy got the project pulled.
Abel’s been teasing his new track, “Take My Breath,” without an official release date for the last week. Well, sources familiar with the situation tell us it drops THIS Friday. We’re told the plan was to premiere the song’s video on IMAX screens showing “The Suicide Squad” … which comes out Thursday night in theaters.
We’re told a deal was inked to preview Abel’s newest project before IMAX ‘Suicide’ screenings across the country, which would’ve been a huge plus for Weeknd — obviously, that’s major eyeballs and a ton of exposure for his latest hit.
Our sources say the honchos over at IMAX just made the decision to pull the video … on the belief that the light and strobe effects have the potential to be dangerous to those watching with epilepsy and who might be prone to seizures.
But, never fear Weeknd fans, ’cause we’re told the video will drop on YouTube and other platforms … the song also recently got some love during a spot on the Olympics.